SeCuRe and Agile Connected Things
It is difficult to develop and operate secure, large-scale IoT systems. Although there are technology platforms that aim to provide the necessary elements for integrating devices and backbone logic, they do not address the security, agility and need for continuous deployment that are key concerns of modern software-intensive systems.
SCRATCh is therefore developing an integrative solution approach for IoT, security and DevOps practices. This is implemented by means of a toolkit based on a common conceptual architecture. Topics here include a hardware security foundation for strong device identity, DevOps IoT tools for the development and continuous deployment of IoT solutions, and a DevSecOps-inspired process to promote security and reliability in IoT applications.
In the SCRATCh project, OTARIS supports tool development in the individual DevOps phases with threat analyses and the securing of IoT communication. Here, the OTARIS Traffic Analyzer is used to analyze network traffic. Other research topics include the security of long-range radio protocols and, in particular, security analyses of implementations of the LoRaWAN protocol. We would be glad to advise you with our expertise in the field of IoT security on your IoT or cloud application or on the introduction of DevSecOps in your company.
- Connected Retail: secure continuous delivery of applications for the deployment and operation of tomorrow’s IoT-based retail stores
- Police: redesigning an existing mobile surveillance platform for secure storage, streaming and deployment
- Smart Grids: development of anti-fraud algorithms, blockchain implementations and other security mechanisms
- Smart Machine: developing a smart and secure way to connect machine
Project duration: 01.04.2019 – 31.03.2022
- Consider it GmbH
- DFKI – Deutsches Forschungszentrum
- Diebold Nixdorf Systems GmbH
- NXP Semiconductors
- HI Iberia Ingeniería y Proyectos
- QUANTYCA SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, SL
- ULMA Embedded Solutions
- Almende BV
- AnyWi Technology BV
- Irdeto BV
- BEIA Consult International
- OTARIS Interactive Services GmbH